At Cropleys Suzuki, we're celebrating our 60th anniversary since opening our doors just outside Boston. The family run car dealership was established on the existing site on Frith Bank by the former RAF mechanic, Sid Cropley in 1956. This was the same year that the first Routemaster bus was seen on the streets of London, and Premium Bonds were launched by the government.
The showroom quickly became renowned for excellent customer service, a reputation which is still true today, and the business is still owned and run by Stewart and Richard, Sid's sons, with Gavin Angood recently joining them as a company director. We've been selling new and used Suzuki models since July 1998, and during this time, we have become one of the brand’s leading UK dealers with sales of over 400 new cars in 2018. We have also won Suzuki's coveted ‘Dealer of the Year’ trophy four times in recent years.
Stewart Cropley, Dealer Principal of Cropleys Suzuki, said: “We are delighted to be celebrating this important milestone as we start the new year. The business has gone from strength to strength over the decades, especially since we took on the Suzuki marque, whose models have proved very popular in the region.”
The story of Cropleys...
- In 1956, Sid cropley, an ex-RAF mechanic, opens S. Cropley & Co at Frith Bank Boston as a servicing workshop and used car sales.
- The Cropley name takes on it's first new car franchise, Reliant, in 1976.
- In 1976, Stewart, Richard and Sue join their father's business.
- Sir Bobby Charlton visits Cropleys in 1978 to open the showroom extension, built to accommodate Lada.
- Mitsubushi joins the Cropley name in 1982.
- 1988 sees an end to the Mitsubishi and Reliant franchises as S Cropley & Co take on Proton.
- In 1995, Sid Cropley retires from the business as his sons, Stewart and Richard, take on ownership Of Cropleys.
- 1998 sees S. Cropley & Co become Cropleys Suzuki as they take on the Japanese brand.
- Present day and Cropleys Suzuki is still going Strong - smashing targets and winning Suzuki Dealership of the Year 4 Times in recent years.